Fire destroys Lufkin family’s longtime home
Home is a total loss
Lufkin---The Lufkin Daily News is reporting fire destroyed a family home at 102 McHale St. Thursday evening.
The 30-year family home, belonging to Tanya Raines’ grandmother, was fully engulfed in flames when Lufkin Fire arrived on the scene around 5:45 p.m. An emotional Raines watched as firefighters worked to contain the blaze leaping into the treetops.
“This is my grandmother’s home. I grew up here. My dad grew up here,” Raines said, wiping away tears. “My dad passed away a few months ago and I had some of his stuff in there.”
Raines and her two roommates, Lesli Davis and Joseph Havard, left the home 20 minutes before the fire started to look at a rent house on Homer Alto Road. When they returned, nothing was left.