POSTED: Friday, September 5, 2014 - 3:19pm
UPDATED: Friday, September 5, 2014 - 3:22pm
KETK/KFXK, Tyler, TX, seeks a Broadcast Engineer.
Candidate will participate in the installation, monitoring and maintenance of all broadcast and non-broadcast systems within the facility and remote sites. The candidate should show strong initiative and should be comfortable both with configuring and using software and hardware, and with interacting with clients and vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performs routine maintenance for all analog and digital equipment.
• Perform system level troubleshooting of technical equipment/facilities, including but not limited to non-linear editing systems, cameras, video switchers, videotape recorders, other production equipment, transmitter, master control, servers, and applications..
• Install, configure, test, optimize, and repair broadcast and IT equipment and systems.
• Maintains flexible work hours to handle technical & operational emergencies.
• Insures that proper records of maintenance activities are kept.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Knowledge of television broadcast standards and practices.
• Knowledge of the operation, repair and maintenance of all television and IT equipment.
• Knowledge of professional audio and/or video editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards. Possess a good understanding of video and audio content and be able to evaluate and classify defects in video or audio program material.
• Possess good understanding of video and audio content and be able to evaluate and classify defects in video or audio program material.
• Must be able to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• May have to work in noisy environments and be exposed to inclement weather.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and support activities that are scheduled outside the normal hours.
• Must be able to work under the pressure of deadlines on multiple projects.
Experience and Education:
Prefer 1 to 3 years relevant experience. Relevant college degree a plus.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tameeka Mitchell (email@example.com)
Mailing Address: 4300 Richmond Rd., Tyler, TX 75703