Longview family recovers after carbon monoxide scare
POSTED: Monday, November 5, 2012 - 1:45am
UPDATED: Monday, November 5, 2012 - 1:59am
Michael and Donelle Middleton sat hand in hand on the bare floor of their new living room, with children ranging in age from 2 to 15 playing on the ground around them.
The parents and several of the children understood how blessed they are. One week ago, the family of six was one hour away from never waking up due a heater leaking deadly carbon monoxide into their home.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that kills hundreds of people every year and makes thousands more — like the Middleton family — ill. The gas is undetectable without the use of a carbon monoxide detector. Such a detector was installed at the Middleton’s home on Wylie Circle, but had malfunctioned and did not alert the family of the impending danger.
Read more here.