Watches & Warnings Warnings

3 displaced in afternoon Longview fire

3 displaced in afternoon Longview fire
MGN Online
News
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 9:29pm

An afternoon fire left three Longview residents displaced after heat lamps caught some of their pets' bedding on fire.

According to Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary, when fire crews arrived they found heavy fire on the covered back porch area and attic of the home in the 100 block of Briarwood Street.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire and keep damage largely to those areas.

Zackary said the the homeowner was using the heat lamps to provide warmth to pets. One of the heat lamps ignited part of the pets' bedding.

No residents or pets were injured, but Zackary cautions these type of heat supplements can be dangerous. 

To see more on this story go to the Longview News-Journal: http://www.news-journal.com/news/police/displaced-in-afternoon-longview-fire/article_ce9829ec-944a-11e3-a8b7-0019bb2963f4.html

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment