Accidental death at Tyler City Hall

Accidental death at Tyler City Hall
MGN-Online
News

POSTED: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 8:57pm

UPDATED: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 6:27pm

Tyler police are investigating an accidental death that took place at Tyler City Hall.

Early Sunday, Tyler Police responded to a call there.

Upon investigation, officers found a man had died after being overcome by fumes emitted from a stain being applied during a renovation project.

The worker was employed by Watson Commercial Paint Company, a subcontractor to RPR Construction.

RPR had been hired to renovate a portion of the second floor of City Hall.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) completed their own investigation.

“Our hearts go out to the family and friends of the deceased,” said City Manager Mark McDaniel. “This is a very tragic situation and we are truly saddened.”

 

Comments News Comments

OSHA can make even the most simple of projects costly beyond consideration with their many mandates. From providing "port-o-potties" to florescent vests for the handyman who repairs your backyard deck, they have a rule and an expense for just about everything, but somehow it has escaped their attention that the guy (or gal) using solvents; corrosives, and even explosives, be able to read English. Se Habla political correctness ?

Post new Comment