BJ's Brewhouse making donations to West, TX on April 30
POSTED: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 11:29am
UPDATED: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 11:31am
Tyler, TX (KETK) — Let's help our fellow Texans!
Devastation has hurt our neighbors in West, Texas.
Many families will continue to struggle to get back on their feet. Let’s show them what supporting a Texas community really means. Bjs Style!! All Bjs in the State of Texas will help support this disaster.
Summary of what we plan to do to support West, Texas:
· A one day statewide fundraiser with all Texas restaurants donating 5% of food sales (not including tax, gratuity, alcohol, etc.) on Tuesday, April 30th.
· We will commit to a minimum of $15,000 from BJRI and an additional $7,000 from the foundation allocated to the four funds noted below:
o General Fund- Victims of West explosion
o Disaster Relief Fund- West ISD
o Disaster Relief Fund- West EMS
o Disaster Relief Fund - West Fire Dept.
· We will send out an eblast over the weekend and again on Monday to promote. We will also get the information to the TRA social media site.
· We would also like to challenge our team members to get involved and donate blood through T.A.S.C Force supported events. Rob DeLiema will send out information separately on this front. His donation will be tied to the organization of the blood drives.
· PLEASE NOTE:
Guests do not need to bring in a flyer. We will simply let our guests know how much we appreciate them dining at BJ’s today as a portion of all of our food sales will go to the West, Texas relief funds.
· No paperwork or fundraiser forms are necessary either. We will process the donation from the RSC.
· West, Texas Fundraiser this coming Tuesday. For each pint of blood donated by a team member, the BJ’s Foundation will donate $25. With 28 Texas restaurants, if we get 10 donors from each restaurant for a total of 280 pints, @$25 that will total $7,000. Get the word out!