7 ETX fugitives rounded up in multi-agency operation
Lufkin, Texas —
Today, March 21, 2014, Lufkin Police Department officers participated in a Joint East Texas Fugitive Apprehension Task Force operation headed by the U.S. Marshal Service and including officers from Lufkin PD, Angelina County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Office of the Inspector General.
The operation began at 5:00 AM this morning and concluded at 2:00 PM this afternoon, and targeted wanted felons suspected to be in the Angelina County area. The Task Force focused on persons wanted for felony offenses, such as burglary, aggravated assault, parole violations, and narcotics, but served all
active warrants and filed new charges as appropriate.
Task Force officers arrested seven wanted persons, cleared numerous investigations and warrants, and recovered stolen property and narcotics. The arrested persons are:
- Jerry Jeffery (black / male / 07-15-1973) arrested for a Parole warrant, five Lufkin Municipal Court warrants, and Possession of a Controlled Substance (>one gram of crack cocaine)
- Stewart Willis Jr (black / male / 12-13-1987) arrested for a Burglary of a Habitation warrant
- Robert Roberson (black / male / 03-06-1953) arrested for two Theft warrants and four Lufkin Municipal Court warrants
- Shawn Cahill (white / female / 11-07-1962) arrested for a warrant for leaving the scene of an accident involving injury to another and a warrant for False Report to a Peace Officer
- Brian Jackson (black / male / 11-15-1983) arrested for an Aggravated Assault warrant and an Assault (Family Violence involving Strangulation) warrant
- Joseph Tubbs (white / male / 09-25-1991) arrested for an Aggravated Assault warrant
- Jerry Franklin Wall (white / male / 05/14/1985) arrested for multiple burglary warrants.
Questions concerning the Joint East Texas Fugitive Apprehension Task Force or this operation should be directed to the Supervising Deputy of the U.S. Marshals Service, Beaumont Office – (409) 839-2581.