ETX man hospitalized with electrical burns after allegedly attempting to steal electrical equipment, wiring
Harrison County, Texas (KETK) — An alleged theft suspect was taken to a local hospital, Sunday, after receiving electrical burns at a Harrison County well site.
According to the Harrison County Sheriff's Office, Kenneth Bolyer, 47, was treated for electrical burns on his hand, chest and neck after he apparently touched very high voltage wiring.
Upon discussing the incident with the Bolyer, the medical staff told a Harrison County deputy Bolyer had been at a well site near Waskom and did not have permission to be removing electrical equipment and wiring.
The person that brought the victim to the hospital said Bolyer came to his home in Bethany and said he needed to go to a hospital and he had just been "electrocuted" at a well site.
The doctors who treated Bolyer said he made a statement to the person who brought him to the hospital saying he shouldn't have been there.
Bolyer was sedated and could not give a statement or be interviewed by investigators. Attempts to interview him as to where the incident occurred will continue.
Bolyer is listed in fair condition with non-life threatening burns on his hands, right shoulder, neck and chest.