CSPC recalls LED flashlights for possible burn hazards
(KETK) — The CSPC has issued a recall for several LED flashlights that were sold at Academy Sports and Outdoor stores across the United States.
The recall involves LED flashlights with hand straps. These 3 1/2" tall flashlights were sold in black, red, green, and blue. They all have style numbers of FSAACE6022 printed on the packaging.
The reason for this recall is because the battery can short and cause the flashlight's canister to rupture, posing a burn hazard to the consumer.
So far, the firm has received on report of a flashlight canister rupturing while in a consumer's hand.
No injuries have been reported.
All consumers are urged to stop using this flashlight immediately and return it to the place of purchase for a refund.
These flashlights were sold at Academy Sports and Outdoors stores nationwide from October of 2013 to November 2013 for about $3 each.