Watches & Warnings Warnings

Early morning blaze in Smith County

News

POSTED: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 7:49am

UPDATED: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 1:24pm

8:45 am UPDATE:

KETK crews spoke with the owner of the home, Mr. Steven Kovac.

He says they started a fire in their wood burning fireplace early in the morning, but the heat escalated quickly.

Kovac says that they tried to put it out themselves, but it got out of control.

The house, located at 12412 FM 14 in Tyler, is a total loss.

Firefighters now have the fire contained. Our crew reports there is still heavy smoke, but the fire is no longer out of control.


8:00 am UPDATE:

Fire officials say that the fire is in fact a house.


Smith County fire officials are fighting an early morning fire.

They report the blaze to be at FM 14, just south of the interstate in Tyler.

KETK has crews on the way, and will bring you more updates as we get them in.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment