Early morning house fire leaves significant damage to home

Early morning house fire leaves significant damage to home
MGN Online
News
Friday, November 15, 2013 - 5:19pm

An early morning house fire leaves significant damage to a family's home.

It happend at 3:56 a.m. in the 200 block of Richardson Drive.

Firefighters with the Longview Fire Department were called to the scene.

On arrival, officers found flames coming from the roof.

After putting the fire out, authorities found that the fire had began in the area of the water heater closet and then spread into the attic.

At the time of the fire, one person had woken up to find the ceiling on fire. All nine occupants of the house had escaped the house unharmed. One of the occupants was not home at the time of the fire.

Longview Fire Department reports that the fire detector had been taken down to replace the batteries and had yet to be replaced.

The home received significant damage, and unfortunately the homeowner does not have insurance on the home.

The American Red Cross also responded and provided assistance to the six children and four adults.

The children's local school is also assisting in providing for the children at this time.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment