East Texas schools cancel events due to weather
POSTED: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 3:19pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 3:52pm
East Texas (KETK) — Due to the threat of severe weather, many East Texas school districts are canceling events that had been scheduled for Tuesday evening.
Most districts have notified parents and students of the changes, and will announce rescheduling
The list of confirmed canceled events are below:
- Middle School awards assembly (had been scheduled for 6pm)
- Orchestra performance (had been scheduled for 6pm)
- 7 on 7 football with White Oak and Pine Tree
- TARGET - New Parent Orientation and GT Open House
- Jones Elementary MST Academy - Spring Musical "Hats"
- 6th grade band concert (Nichols Intermediate)
- 4th grade graduation (Joe Wright)
- All Tutorials at the high school after school
- Choir concert has been canceled
- Music program at Higgins Elementary is canceled
- High School Spring band concert (Tentatively rescheduled for May 28th)
Chapel Hill ISD:
- Middle School band concert
- High School sports banquet
- Foster Middle School’s Sounds of Music Concert
- Parent Education Night, which was scheduled at Forest Park
- Judson Middle School Choir concert.
- Band Concert