Breaking News

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 12:45pm
Watches & Warnings Warnings

ETX man catches fire, taken to Dallas hospital for treatment

ETX man catches fire, taken to Dallas hospital for treatment
MGN-Online
News

POSTED: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 11:27pm

UPDATED: Friday, November 1, 2013 - 9:05am

A Tyler man is recovering from injuries after his hunting suit caught on fire, Thursday evening,

The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to the 2100 block of Holly Leaf Drive at approximately 6:40 p.m. Initial information from EMS indicated a person was on fire and had suffered burn injuries at the scene.

Reports indicated that the victim, a male in his late 40's, was wearing a costume that caught on fire.

Further information indicates the origin of the fire may have been the result of cigarette smoking material. Bystanders assisted in helping to extinguish the patient, who suffered extensive burns of varying degrees over multiple parts of his body.

The patient was taken to a local hospital and subsequently flown to a Dallas hospital for treatment of the burns. No further information is available at this time regarding patient identity or condition.

Fire Investigators with the Tyler Fire Marshal’s Office have begun an investigation into the events of the fire and have interviewed witnesses and family. Further information will be released as it becomes available.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment