ETX man dies after being severely burned in Thursday night fire
POSTED: Friday, February 7, 2014 - 2:10pm
UPDATED: Friday, February 7, 2014 - 7:59pm
Marshall, Texas (Longview News-Journal) —
A Marshall man died Friday from injuries sustained when he was severely burned Thursday night. His name has not been released.
Marshall Battalion Chief Jack Hanson said the burns occurred about 7:45 p.m. as two men were working to excite a fire in a cast iron, wood-burning stove in the 3800 block of South Washington Avenue.
The men used a "flammable liquid," likely paint thinner, to help ignite the fire, Hanson said.
For more information, visit the Longview News-Journal.