Fire destroys Gladewater home

Fire destroys Gladewater home
Longview News-Journal
News

POSTED: Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:00pm

UPDATED: Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:14pm

 A home was destroyed Thursday afternoon when fire erupted in the 500 block of Wood Street. The front half of the home was engulfed in flames when crews arrived shortly before 2 p.m.

The flames spread throughout the home within minutes, igniting a pine tree in front of the home and an adjacent portable storage unit.

Shortly after crews arrived, a loud explosion could be heard from within the residence as a small propane canister went airborne. The charred cylinder landed in the intersection of Wood and Martha streets, about 45 feet from the home.

Read more from the Longview News-Journal.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment