Fire destroys home and kills two dogs in Longview
POSTED: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:39pm
UPDATED: Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 2:45am
Longview, Texas (KETK) — A fire destroyed a home and killed two dogs Wednesday evening in Longview.
The flames sparked around 7:00 p.m. in the 500 block of Dean Street.
Fire officials tell KETK, five people lived in the house, but only one resident was home at the time of the fire. That person woke up to the smell of smoke and was able to make it out safely.
A dog and her five puppies also escaped the burning home, but we're told two other dogs were killed.
Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary believes the fire started from a space heater that was sitting too close to a couch.