Fire marshal: Grass fire likely started by torch
POSTED: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 - 5:06pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 - 5:07pm
Authorities were first alerted to the fire near Big Eddy Road by a plane flying over the area.
The Smith County fire marshal believes the fire was sparked when someone cut pieces of metal off a junk pile with a torch.
About 2 acres burned.
Firefighters are currently battling a 2-acre grass near the intersection of FM 2661 and CR 1261, also known as Big Eddy Road.
KETK has a crew en route and will bring you more information as it becomes available.