Breaking News

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 4:48pm
Watches & Warnings Warnings

Firefighters unable to save home, rescue pet

News
Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 12:06pm

A Smith County home just west of Tyler burned to the ground Thursday morning. The house on O'Neall Street caught fire around 10:00 a.m., according to Smith County Fire Marshal Jim Seaton.

After putting out the blaze, fire officials learned the homeowner had extinguished a fire earlier near an electric stove. The second fire was spotted when a neighbor alerted the resident that his garage was ablaze.

Officials believe the flames sparked near a breaker box and spread to the home.

A couple and their grandchild were able to escape without injury. Firefighters saved one pet from the home.

Authorities wil continue to investigate the incident.

 

 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment