Breaking News

Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 9:41pm

Gas leak blamed for Texas house blast; 2 burned

Gas leak blamed for Texas house blast; 2 burned
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 4:14pm

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - An 80-year-old San Antonio couple are
hospitalized with extensive burns after their home exploded in a
neighborhood in the southwestern section of the city.

Virginia Mann and companion Frank Nava are in Brooke Army
Medical Center's burn unit after the 12:30 p.m. Tuesday explosion.

That's according to Mann's son, Johnny Mann.

A request left with a hospital spokeswoman for a condition
update was not returned Tuesday.

The son tells the San Antonio Express-News that the couple were
both in the house when the house exploded, blowing a wall out,
collapsing the roof, shattering a nearby car window and filling
nearby streets and yards with broken glass.

San Antonio Fire Department spokeswoman Deborah Foster tells The
Associated Press that a natural gas leak is suspected as the cause
of the blast.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment