Tyler named one of 'Most Exciting Places in Texas'
Tyler (KETK) — The city of Tyler was named one of "The Most Exciting Places in Texas" by Movoto, a real estate research site. The East Texas oasis checked in at number eight.
The article based their findings on several key factors:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
- Percentage of restaurants that are not fast food (the higher the better)
- Percentage of young residents ages 18 to 34 (the higher the better)
Data was collected from the 100 most populated places in Texas via several resources: Areavibes, the 2010 US Census and Yelp. The information was then ranked in different categories from 1 to 100 and then averaged out to one score-- the lower the better.
Below are the final top 10 rankings:
- San Marcos
- New Braunfels