Grill in Dallas-area house leads to poisoning
Five people fell ill
Grand Prairie — The Associated Press is reporting; emergency officials say seven people have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after an outdoor grill was used inside a Dallas-area house on a chilly evening.
Grand Prairie Fire Department Battalion Chief Cal Timpf says a family used the grill Sunday night in the garage, to prepare food, then moved the grill inside to help heat the residence.
Two paramedics who went into the home, before emergency personnel determined what had made the five residents sick, suffered carbon monoxide exposure and were treated at the scene.