Heart health seminars to be held at UT Health Northeast
Tyler, Texas (KETK) — The first in a series of six free heart health seminars will be held on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at the UT Health Northeast Center in Tyler.
"With Every Heartbeat is Life," is the first in a series of six free seminars on how to have a healthy heart. The event will be held at 3:00 p.m. Thursday in Hudnall Auditorium on the campus of UT Health Northeast in Tyler.
About 600,000 people in the U.S. die from heart disease every year. The good news is that heart diseases are preventable and controllable.
These free, hour long seminars are a healthy way for you to celebrate February as American Heart Month.
Topics that will be covered at these seminars are:
- Knowing your risks for heart disease
- Acting promptly is you have heart attack symptoms
- Increasing your physical activity
- Aiming for a healthy weight
- Heart healhy eating on a budget
- Controlling high blood pressure and cholesterol
- Diabetes and heart health
- Enjoying a smoke-free life
The remaining seminars will take place on consecutive Thursdays: February 6, 13, 20, 27, and March 6.
The seminars are free, but registration is recommended.
You can reserve a spot by calling 903-877-8940 or email email@example.com.