How to sell your house by owner
TYLER — Experts say it's a buyer's market right now, but if you're thinking about putting your house on the market you may want to consider selling it yourself. Homeowners KETK spoke with say they've gotten rid of the middle man in order to keep more money in their pockets, once their house is sold.
Here are some steps to guide you on some of the essentials for selling your own house without a real estate expert.
1. Get an appraisal on your house in today's market.
2. Research what other houses (same size and acres) in your neighborhood have sold for recently.
3. Update anything needed inside and outside. ie. (carpet, cabinets, floors, appliances, paint, grass, plants, roof, water heater, etc.)
4. Stage your house for prospective buyers and keep it viewer ready.
5. Collect a series of average monthly bill statements such as electric, water and gas.
6. Collect a series of blue prints for any renovations that were done on the house or property. ie. pool, garage, shed, barn
7. Keep receipts handy for any repairs made recently.
8. Sign in yard with 24/7 available phone number for buyers.
9. Opt to list the house on the internet or put in local ads online, such as Craigslist.
10. Make sure to enlist the help of a professional Mortgage Broker or Real Estate Attorney to review final contract paperwork and to go over any final negotiations, terms and conditions, once an offer has been called in.
Watch the video above for more on this story.
Jessica Wilson/ KETKnbc.com