HP recalls 6 million computer cords for fire risk
POSTED: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 10:38am
UPDATED: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 3:10pm
HP is warning customers: Check your laptop charging cord to see if it's at risk of overheating.
Hewlett-Packard and federal regulators on Tuesday recalled 6 million power cords sold between September 2010 and June 2012 with some HP and Compaq notebook computers, as well as certain docking stations.
They warned the cords could overheat and catch fire. Of the 29 reported cases, two involved burns and there were 13 claims of property damage.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission warned the recalled power cords should be unplugged immediately.
HP provided an online tool for customers to determine if their cord is recalled.
™ & © 2014 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.