Lightning sparks blaze at Lufkin home

Lightning sparks blaze at Lufkin home
News
Monday, October 24, 2011 - 9:37am

A Sunday morning lightning strike is being blamed for what is believed to be the total loss of a home in Lufkin’s Crown Colony subdivision.

Jack and Cheryl Brose were awakened by the storm around 5:45 a.m. when lightning struck the roof of their home at 3 Colonial Court. Although they smelled smoke, initially the couple believed lightning had only struck a tree.

“We walked outside and could smell it, but then the house started filling up with smoke. My wife called 911,” Tom Brose said as he and a neighbor watched firefighters’ efforts to save the home.

Read the full story here.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment