Breaking News

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 11:06am

Longview apartment fire displaces 9, sends 2 to hospital

Longview apartment fire displaces 9, sends 2 to hospital
MGN-Online
News

POSTED: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 10:28am

UPDATED: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 10:37am

A Sunday evening fire in Longview displaced nine and results in two being taken to a local hospital.

On Sunday around 10:50 p.m., fire crews responded to building #13 of the Belaire Manor Apartments on reports of an apartment fire. 

Officials discovered a large fire coming from the windows of the upstairs apartment #84.

According to neighbors, the occupant of this unit exited from the upstairs window which caused injury and resulted in the person being taken to a local hospital. A second person was taken to the hospital for a medical condition that could have been caused or worsened as a result of the fire.

The fire was brought under control very quickly saving the adjoining units of the building. Water damage was kept to a minimum due to the salvage operations of the fire crews.

Two other units received some smoke damage.

The cause of the fire has been narrowed down to the area of the window air conditioning unit which was on in the living room.

The Red Cross responded to the scene and assisted the 9 residents who were displaced as a result of the fire and the electricity being disconnected.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment