Longview House Explodes Overnight
POSTED: Thursday, August 6, 2009 - 7:43am
UPDATED: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 12:04pm
LONGVIEW—A house in Longview explodes overnight.
The explosion happened around one Thursday morning at 611 Berkshire Drive. Officials say two people were trapped inside the house, but fire rescue teams and police were able to get them out with only minor injuries.
The explosion caused a fire, which crews quickly extinguished. Officials say there is extreme structural damage to neighboring homes including blown out windows and damaged garage doors.
"We're still in the early stages of our investigation. But we have a suspicion that it might be a natural gas explosion... This is a pretty uncommon thing. In my 22 years with the department, this is the first one I've ever run on," says Chief Marshall.
Area residents were evacuated with the help of the local Red Cross, but they are back in their homes now.