Morning Fire Destroys Tyler Business

POSTED: Friday, September 11, 2009 - 6:40am

UPDATED: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 11:04am

TYLER—A fire ignites early Friday, destroying a Tyler business.

Tyler firefighters responded to a call just after 4 a.m. Friday at 1222 WSW Loop 323. The call was made by a man traveling on Loop 323.

Officials arrived on scene to find the building, home to Texas Copper Corporation, engulfed in flames. Police report the building is a total loss and may have been caused by a gas leak that began in a closet.

As a result, traffic on the westbound part of Loop 323 near the fire was closed to just one lane during the Friday morning commute.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment