Pine Tree ISD to accept transfer students, deadline Friday
Longview, TX (Pine Tree ISD) — Pine Tree ISD will begin allowing student transfers for the 2013-2014 school year. The application, guidelines and the Board Policy are available online at the District webpage, or can be picked up at the Central Administration Building, 1701 Pine Tree Road.
“We have had many parents asking questions about when we would start accepting transfer requests, and we’re not surprised,” said James Skeeler, Assistant Superintendent for PTISD. “We think we have a lot to offer: our employees are focused on providing a welcoming and engaging learning environment, and we offer competitive and challenging programs which put the needs of every student in the forefront.”
The new policy allows students to transfer into the district, considering factors of space, instructional staff, and the student’s good standing, as stated in the transfer guidelines. The district intends to maintain at most 22-student per teacher ratio in K-4th grade, and at most 25-student per teacher ratio in fifth through 12th grades.
Tuition for a student to attend Pine Tree ISD is $500 for one transfer student, $250 for an additional transfer student, with a total maximum tuition of $750 per family. Tuition is waived for Pine Tree ISD employees who transfer their children to the district, according to the policy.
Transfer applications will be processed on a first come basis and will be time stamped upon receipt. Only applications that are complete including all required documentation will be considered.
• Information provided online and at Admin Building: April 1, 2013
• Applications Accepted/Timestamped: April 15, 2013 - June 14, 2013
• Deadline for Accepting Application: June 14, 2013
• Notification of Accepted Students: June 18, 2013
• Tuition Received by: August 23, 2013
How to Apply:
1. Obtain an application online, or from the PT Administration Office.
2. Complete the application according to the guidelines. Transfer applications with incomplete data will not be processed.
3. Direct any questions about the process to James Skeeler. Visit the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page. James Skeeler Phone: 903-295-5000. Email: email@example.com
4. Deliver the application before the deadline, June 14, 2013. All transfer applications should be submitted to James Skeeler, Assistant Superintendent at the PTISD Administration Building by U.S. Mail – Pine Tree ISD, Attention: Student Transfers, PO Box 5878., Longview, Tx 75608, or personal delivery to PTISD Administration Building, 1701 Pine Tree Road, 75604.
The following documents are required as part of the application process:
• Report card and state assessment results
• Attendance and Discipline records
• Immunization records
• Birth certificate