Look, mom...I'm a terrorist!
POSTED: Thursday, July 5, 2012 - 5:54pm
UPDATED: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 1:12pm
tyler, tx — I've just heard from my agent and good news. I've passed the test.
According to the Department of Homeland Security, I'm a terrorist.
A new study funded by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes Americans who are "suspicious of centralized federal authority," and "reverent of individual liberty" as "extreme right-wing" terrorists.
The study, sponsored by your tax money, was produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland.
The organization was launched with the aid of DHS funding to the tune of 12 million dollars.
While largely omitting Islamic terrorism-- the report fails completely to mention the 1993 World Trade Center bombing-- the study focuses on Americans who hold beliefs shared by the vast majority of conservatives and libertarians and puts them in the context of radical extremism.
Maybe you can join our club and we can be in jail together.
- Americans who believe their "way of life" is under attack;
- Americans who are "fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)";
- People who consider themselves "anti-global" (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);
- Americans who are "suspicious of centralized federal authority";
- Americans who are "reverent of individual liberty";
- People who "believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty."
I'm not with the last one but 5 out of 6 ain't bad.
Lock me up big sis.
I know you won't waterboard me.
We can field a soccer team and have tournaments against the real terrorists in Gitmo.
That's my point of view, what's yours?
You can email me at email@example.com or follow me on Facebook at KETK Neal Barton