Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 8:23pm
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 1:03pm
Monday, November 24, 2014 - 6:15pm

Smith Co. home destroyed after lawn mower catches fire

Smith Co. home destroyed after lawn mower catches fire

POSTED: Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 11:46am

UPDATED: Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 3:02pm

A Smith County home was destroyed late Saturday morning, after a lawn mower caught fire.

The fire started around 11:45 a.m. at a home in the 1800 block of County Road 233.

Smith County fire marshals say homeowner Napoleon Square had just finished mowing his yard when he parked the lawn mower inside the garage. He then went inside the house. A passerby noticed the fire and notified Square and his wife.

Jackson Heights, Chapel Hill, Red Springs, Arp, and Winona fire crews were then called to the scene.

The house was destroyed by the time crews were able to put the fire out.

Early investigations shows the lawn mower had a shortage in the battery which sparked the fire.

No one was injured in the blaze.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment