Some city of Tyler services closed due to wintry weather
Tyler — The following City of Tyler services have been cancelled today due to winter weather:
· The City of Tyler Airport Department has closed the Tyler Pounds Regional Airport until further notice due to icy weather conditions. City crews are working on de-icing the airfield. An evaluation of the runways will be made after de-icing procedures are completed to determine when service will be resumed. Airline passengers are urged to check the status of their flights at www.flytyr.com before traveling to the airport.
· The Neighborhood Services Office and Code Enforcement Offices are closed today. Offices will reopen as weather allows.
· Transit services are cancelled today, March 3. Please consult the web site, www.cityoftyler.org, or social media pages to learn of possible delays tomorrow morning.
· The Glass Recreation Center, Senior Center, Library, and Main Street Department are closed today.
· Solid Waste has suspended service for today. Trash normally collected on Monday will be collected on Tuesday. Those whose trash is normally collected Tuesday, will be serviced on Wednesday – weather permitting. Recycling will be picked up on Saturday. The landfill is closed, so commercial collection is also delayed.
The Red Cross has opened a warming center at St. Louis Baptist Church at 4000 S. Frankston Highway.
The Streets Department is out sanding roadways and picking up fallen limbs.
Other City Departments are open with limited services and staffing.
Delinquent water service accounts will not be subject to disconnect today. Normal operations will resume tomorrow.
Roads remain icy and drivers are strongly urged to stay home if possible.