Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 8:23pm
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 1:03pm
Monday, November 24, 2014 - 6:15pm

Space heater fire destroys mobile home in Smith County

Space heater fire destroys mobile home in Smith County
KETK
News

POSTED: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 1:26pm

UPDATED: Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 4:45am

A space heater is reportedly the cause of a fire that destroyed a Smith County mobile home on Wednesday afternoon.

It happened around 1:00 p.m. on Smith County Road 3111, just outside of Kilgore.

Authorities told KETK crews on scene that a handicapped man lived in the mobile home and used a space heater near his bed. The heater was too close to the bedding, causing the mattress to catch fire.

The man was not injured, but the mobile home was destroyed.

Assistant Smith County Fire Marshal Oren Hale tells KETK that space heater fires are common this time of year. He encouraged the public to be cautious when using them to heat their homes.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment