Texas man rescued after becoming stuck in chimney
LUBBOCK, Texas — Firefighters have rescued a Texas plainsman who proved to be no Santa Claus.
Fire officials say they had to hoist the 22-year-old man by rope from the chimney of his house in southwest Lubbock early Monday after he became stuck in it.
Deputy Fire Marshal Robert Loveless tells the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal (http://bit.ly/sb4ZlD) that the man had locked himself and his family out of their house about 1 a.m. Monday.
Loveless says the man, wanting to save the price of a locksmith, decided to enter the house through the chimney as his wife and child waited outside.
Loveless says the man's wife called 911 after he became stuck, and firefighters hauled him out unhurt about an hour later.