Three families displaced, dog saved in Longview fire
POSTED: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 12:59pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:26pm
Longview, TX — Three families have been displaced after a structure fire near downtown Longview Wednesday.
Shortly after noon, fire officials were alerted to a blaze at a triplex on the 100 block of E Melton Street.
Firefighters were able to put out the flames in a short time and rescue a dog trapped inside.
The fire is believed to have started after the family started using a stove to heat the home and it caught a nearby wall on fire.
No injuries were reported.
Since cold weather has arrived in East Texas, this is the second fire in Longview caused by an unobserved heating device.