Tyler crews extinguish building fire before propane bottles explode
Tyler (KETK) — Tyler firefighters were able to avert a major accident Monday afternoon following a call for help.
According to the Tyler Fire Department, they received a call around 1:45 p.m. about a generator fire at a house located on the 2300 block of Devine Street. The caller reported a storage building was near the home, which contained propane.
When crews arrived at the scene, heavy smoke and fire was discovered by firefighters. In the time between the call and arrival, the flames had jumped to the storage building.
Firefighter worked quickly to put of the flames, while also preventing the propane bottles from overheating and exploding.
The Tyler Fire Marshal's Office will investigate the cause once the scene is safe.
KETK will bring you more information as it becomes available.