Tyler FD extinguishes morning apartment fire
POSTED: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 - 11:07am
UPDATED: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 - 3:57pm
Tyler, Texas (KETK) — The Tyler Fire Department extinguished an apartment fire, Tuesday morning, at the Meadowbrook Apartments in the 4600 block of Paluxy Drive
The initial call came into dispatch around 9:15 a.m., where five engines and one Ladder Company, along with a district chief and an investigator, responded to were sent to the scene.
Upon arrival, firefighters reported smoke in one apartment unit, quickly determined the source of the fire and extinguished it. The fire only caused minor damages to the unit.
Fire Marshal, Paul Findley, tells KETK investigators have determined the fire originated in a concealed space in the ceiling as a result of an electrical malfunction associated with the heating unit.
There were no injuries reported and no occupants were displaced as a result of the fire.