Tyler Fire Department holds 23rd Annual Awards Banquet
Tyler, Texas (KETK) — The Tyler Fire Department held their 23rd Annual Awards Banquet on Saturday, March 29th at the Tyler Rose Garden.
During the ceremony, firefighters, along with retired firefighers and civilians were honored for their actions and service to the City of Tyler.
The awards given are as follows:
Firefighter Association Award
- Mayor Barbara Bass
- Holly Short, Ganache
Chief's Certificates of Appreciation
- Loretta Kuhn and Cheryl Coffee, Regional Advisory Council
- Jim Seaton, Smith County Fire Marshal's Office
- Matt and Tori Jenkins, Bra's for the Cause
- Larry Crowson, Tyler Firefighter and Brookshire's FRESH 15 Bicycle Team
- Kelly and Stephanie Shirley, Combat Challenge Volunteers
- Serena Butcher, City of Tyler: Cooking with Fire Production
- Stephen Self, City of Tyler: Cooking with Fire Camera man
Chief's Certificates of Merit
- David Hickey and Russell Jowell, won recent PD Shooting Competition
- Laura Mason, work on CISM team
- James Suggs, work on criminal investigations in the Fire Marshal's Office
- Terry Hawkins, Brandon Davis, Brent Hail, Jeff Barnett, and Randy Lee, combat challenge (over 40) team: Cotton Bowl Invitational/Qualified for the World Combat Challenge in Las Vegas, NV
- Brent Hail, coordination of bringing the National Firefighter Combat Challenge to Tyler
- James Seaton, Mark Baker, Zach Sutton, and Tim McCawley, representation of TFD at recent funeral for retired Dallas Firefighter.
- TFD Soccer Team, gold medal/divison 3: Tony Gumber, Jason Beasley, Greg Crenshaw, Mason edney, Eric Rozell, Bruce Hill, Logan Luttrell, Chris Mahler, Terence Thedford, Steven Wieczor, Shawn Wilson, and Lucas Terry.
- Marjorie Vallejo, staff support
- Marty Lawrence, work on Lean Sigma Projects/ Department Business Plan
- Paul Findley, acceptance to National Fire Academy, EFO Program
- Greenberg Smoked Turkey, Inc.
- East Texas Emergency Medical Service
- Brookshire Grocery Company
- Our Saviour's Lutheran Church Quilter's Group
- Gary Landers, pasty City Attorney
Friend of the Department Awards
- James Gregory and Louis LaBella, Delek Refinery
- Monty and Jackie Ward, Campbell's Towing
Community Service Recognition Awards
- Matt Brown, American Red Cross
- Ralph Caraway and Charles Williams, St. Louis Baptist Church
Staff Support Award
- Margaret Carrico
- Howard H. Kennedy, Jr., hired on November 17, 1969. Retired on January 1, 2005 with over 35 years of service to the City of Tyler.
- Jerry W. Scott, hired on May 16, 1968. Retired on December 31, 2003 with over 35 years of service to the City of Tyler.
- John E. Langston, hired on October 15, 1966. Retired on December 31, 1986 with over 20 years of service to the City of Tyler.
Outstanding District Award
- District 2 C-Shift, led by District Chief Mike Frost
- Captain Kenneth Langley
- Captain Ross Hamilton
- Captain Morgan Herron
Phoenix Award (Citizen's Life Saving Award)
- Cadarius Wheeler, John Tyler High School Student
Life Saving Award
- Kenny Vent
Photo from Tyler Fire Department.
Firefighter of the Year
- Matt Ford
Congratulations to all awarded in this ceremony. Thank you to all firefighters for your service, you are true heroes!