Tyler Junior College to hold board meetings on August 22, 2013
Tyler, Texas (KETK) — Tyler Junior College will be holding a Board of Trustees meetings tomorrow after the groundbreaking ceremony for the new nursing and health science facility.
The meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 22, in the Board Conference Room of the White Administrative Services Center at Tyler Junior College.\
The meeting will be addressing the following agenda:
1. Work session on finances
2. Discussion regarding progress on the nursing and health sciences facility.
3. Discussion regarding agenda items.
Tyler Junior College will also hold another Board of Trustees meeting at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 22, in the Board Room of the White Administrative Services Center at Tyler Junior College.
The meeting will cover the following agenda:
1. Consideration of minutes of meetings held on July 25, August 2, August 12 and August 15, 2013.
2. Consideration of resolutions authorizing the president of the Board of Trustees to execute deeds for the sale of delinquent tax properties in Smith County, Texas.
3. Consideration of tax abatement for Hood Flexible Packaging.
4. Consideration of use of tax increment financing to fund an addition to the Tyler Junior College Skills Training Center, to be known as the Energy Center.
5. Consideration of revisions to the Tyler Junior College Board Policy Manual.
6. Consideration of proposed core curriculum.
7. Consideration of proposed 2013-2014 budget.
8. Consideration of 2013 tax rate.
9. Consideration of renewal of investment policy to comply with the Public Funds Investment Act.
10. Consideration of monthly financial and investment reports.
11. Consent agenda:
a. consideration of bank depository agreement with Southside Bank;
b. consideration of agreement with Merit Roofing Systems, Inc. for Jenkins Hall and Vaughn Conservatory;
c. consideration of agreement TXU Energy Retail Company, LLC for supply of electricity;
d. consideration of Hibbs-Hallmark for providing commercial insurance;
e. consideration of Claims Administrative Services for providing worker’s compensation coverage;
f. consideration of agreement with Simplex Grinnell for fire alarm monitoring;
g. consideration of agreement with Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi for annual Banner maintenance;
h. consideration of agreement to participate in the Texas Community College Cooperative Purchasing Network.
i. consideration of Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Services Agreement between UT Health Northeast and Tyler Junior College.
12. President’s Report on upcoming events.
13. Closed meeting:
a. personnel matters (Government Code 661.074) including appointment, resignation, retirement and leave of absence of faculty and staff.
b. deliberation regarding real property (Government Code 551.072).