Unattended stove sparks fire in Tyler

Unattended stove sparks fire in Tyler
MGN
News

POSTED: Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 10:00am

UPDATED: Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 11:16am

Firefighter injured while battling the flames

An unattended stove is believed to be the cause of a fire at a house in Tyler early Thursday morning.

It happened on the 2900 block of Gardner St., just after 4:00 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, there was smoke coming from the house.

They found the fire in the kitchen area and were able to keep it contained.

There was heavy fire, smoke and water damage in the kitchen. The rest of the house had smoke damage as well.

Investigators discovered that food had been left unattended on the stove.

One firefighter suffered a minor knee injury while battling the blaze.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment