UPDATE: Gas leak on FM 14 has been repaired
POSTED: Monday, April 29, 2013 - 9:43am
UPDATED: Monday, April 29, 2013 - 11:22am
Smith County, TX (KETK) — UPDATE: Smith County Fire officials tell KETK that the gas leak has been repaired.
They say the gas line was accidentally busted by a crew working on the line on Monday morning. John Soules food was evactuated due to its proximity to the leak.
FM 14 was shut down to prevent any sparks that might occur. The gas leak was fixed, and the road reopened a short time later.
John Soules employees have returned to work.
Authorities with the Smith County Fire Department tell KETK, John Soules Foods on FM 14 has been evacuated due to a gas leak.
John Soules Foods is located at 10150 FM 14 in Tyler.
Officials say that there were no injuries reported and crews are almost done repairing the leak.