Breaking News

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 4:17pm

UPDATE: Kilgore woman injured in Tuesday fire

UPDATE: Kilgore woman injured in Tuesday fire
Photo courtesy: Lorie Cox
News

POSTED: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 1:28pm

UPDATED: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 1:43pm

A fire at a house in Kilgore injured one person early Tuesday morning.

It happened on the 500 block of Turner St.

Kilgore Fire Marshal Brandon Bigos tells KETK that say a woman was injured in the fire.

Kilgore resident David Cox witnessed the fire. He tells KETK that he was driving nearby when he saw the woman attempting to get away from the house in her car.

"She wasn't able to drive because of burns on her feet," Cox said.

He called for emergency responders and stayed with her until they arrived.

"She kept saying there was oxygen in the house," Cox said. "Then there was an explosion inside."

Fire officials could not confirm a cause of the fire as of Tuesday afternoon, but did say that it appeared to be accidental. It is still under investigation.

"We expect that the house is an 80% - 100% loss," Bigos said.

The homeowner who was injured was initially taken to Good Shepherd in Kilgore, but was later transferred to Parkland for treatment of her burns.

Authorities say that the injuries were minor.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment