UPDATE: Wise Elementary students sent home after small fire in classroom
POSTED: Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 7:48am
UPDATED: Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 12:04pm
Smith County, TX (KETK) —
A small fire was reported at Wise Elementary early Thursday morning.
Authorities with the Chapel Hill Fire Department tell KETK that there was a very minor fire in a classroom, which had been smoldering all night.
Firefighters are working to remove the smoke that has formed in the room, and had drifted into other parts of the building.
Officials at Chapel Hill ISD tell KETK that students were sent home, and that nobody is allowed in the building.
They have been told that it will be at least two hours before the smoke will be cleared from the school, and classes are expected to be out the remainder of the day.
Wise Elementary school is located on the 10000 block of Hwy. 64 in the Chapel Hill area.