POSTED: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 8:57pm
UPDATED: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 6:27pm
TYLER, TX (KETK) — Tyler police are investigating an accidental death that took place at Tyler City Hall.
Early Sunday, Tyler Police responded to a call there.
Upon investigation, officers found a man had died after being overcome by fumes emitted from a stain being applied during a renovation project.
The worker was employed by Watson Commercial Paint Company, a subcontractor to RPR Construction.
RPR had been hired to renovate a portion of the second floor of City Hall.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) completed their own investigation.
“Our hearts go out to the family and friends of the deceased,” said City Manager Mark McDaniel. “This is a very tragic situation and we are truly saddened.”