Austin, TX (Texas Tribune) — State lawmakers have filed roughly twice as many gun bills this session as they did last session, many of them spurred by December’s deadly mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.
The Texas Tribune has creative an interactive map for Texans to track proposed gun legislation. They are seperated in to the following categories:
- Schools – These bills address how guns could be incorporated on public and higher education campuses.
- Firearm Manufacturing/Sales – These bills propose new standards for state gun manufacturers and retailers.
- Enforcement – These bills dictate how state law enforcement could operate under proposed federal gun restrictions.
- CHLs (Concealed Handgun Licenses) and Open Carry – These bills regulate the who, where and how of firearm possession.
- Procedural – These bills seek to change statutory language or create systems to address other gun-related matters.