POSTED: Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 12:23pm
UPDATED: Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 5:02pm
Tyler, Texas (KETK) — A fire erupted at Wise Elementary  early Thursday morning and in the process, destroyed a kindergarten classroom.
Authorities with the Chapel Hill Fire Department told KETK the fire was smoldering all night before being detected and extinguished.
Mrs.Griffin, a 30-year veteran teacher had to throw everything in her classroom away after it was ruined.
Now, the community is being called upon to ease the situation by making donations of teaching supplies and classroom necessities.
The following items are needed to resupply the classroom:
Pens and pencils
Bulletin board supplies
Anything else you may think of that a Kindergarten teacher could use
- Any money or gift cards donated will be spent on getting the classroom functioning again
You can drop off supplies at Wise Elementary, visit Adventures in Learning and donate to the teacher's account or you can attend the BMX bike show on Wednesday, September 18, at Rusty Taco at 7922 South Broadway, with proceeds going to Wise Elementary. They will also be accepting the above donations and will deliver them to the school.
As a community, let's help this wonderful teacher and her students be able to, once again, enjoy their educational experience.