POSTED: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 7:33am
UPDATED: Saturday, October 5, 2013 - 4:20pm
Kilgore — When the federal government announced earlier this year that about $700,000 would be cut from federal Head Start funding for the regional education service center, administrators in Kilgore decided East Texas families shouldn’t suffer the loss.
“Our whole goal was to make sure our families were not missing anything,” said Nancy Welch, Head Start director for Region VII Education Service Center.
Welch said her office in Kilgore chose to absorb the funding cut on the administrative side rather than cut back on the number of students who receive assistance.
Read more at www.news-journal.com