Smith County, Texas — The Office of the Texas Secretary of State and the Texas Department of Public Safety have joined in partnership to offer Election Identification Certificates (EICs) at mobile stations across the state. Five mobile stations will visit Smith County October 16 – 17, 2013. Election Identification Cards are available to qualified voters who do not otherwise have an approved form of photo ID for voting.
“This is a great opportunity for citizens who need a form of ID to vote, but may not have time to visit the DPS office;” Smith County Commissioner JoAnn Hampton said. “DPS is bringing five convenient locations to the citizens.”
EIC applicants will need to bring evidence of citizenship and identity. A full list of qualifying documents is available at www.votetexas.gov .
The mobile units will be at the following locations in Smith County from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., October 16-17:
• PATH , 402 W. Front Street, Tyler, Texas 75702
• Tyler Public Library (10 a.m. – 4 p.m. only) 201 S. College, Tyler, Texas 75702
• Salvation Army, 633 N. Broadway Avenue, Tyler, Texas 75702 (October 16 only)
• The Cotton Belt Building, 1517 W. Front Street, Tyler, Texas 75702
• The Tyler Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, 2000 W. Gentry Pkwy., Tyler, Texas 75702 (October 17 only)
In addition to mobile stations, almost 50 DPS offices will be open Saturdays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. now through November 4 in order to issue EICs only. A list of DPS locations can be found online.