POSTED: Monday, October 28, 2013 - 3:42pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 7:17am
Longview, Texas (KETK) — Two Longview children have been hospitalized after gasoline they were playing with caught fire.
A 3-year-old was taken to a Longview hospital with non-life threatening injuries and is expected to be treated and released soon. The 14-month-old was taken to a local hospital before being flown to Parkland Hospital in Dallas for further burn treatment.
The fire erupted in the 600 block of Idlywild in Longview, and the Longview Fire Department tells KETK the fire is believed to have been caused by the children playing with gas near a hot water heater.
The home, however, was not destoryed in the fire.