POSTED: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:44am
UPDATED: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 12:21pm
Longview, Texas (Longview News-Journal) —
A fire early Tuesday caused significant heat and smoke damage to a house in the 1200 block of Tulane Avenue in Longview.
Firefighters arrived at the house shortly after 4:00 a.m., and found fire coming from the living room area of the house, Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary said.
“The resident had already exited the house and was not harmed by the fire,” he said.
“Just before the fire, the resident had entered the living room turning on a lamp, which resulted in the bulb popping," Zackary said. "After replacing the bulb and when it still did not work, she checked the breaker.” he said.